Friday, November 11, 2011

Santa Fe Salad & Baked Sweet Potato

You'll be surprised to find out that one of my favorite salads is served at a steakhouse.  Lonestar Steakhouse to be exact.  It sounds strange at first, but their Santa Fe salad earns a spot on my salad list because it has three of my favorite salad components: corn, avocado, and romaine lettuce.  It also has black beans, Monterey Jack cheese, and corn tortilla chips, but I normally exclude the chips.  Everything is tossed with Santa Fe dressing, but you can change the dressing to your preference.  Even when I can't finish my entire plate, I make sure I eat all the corn and avocado.
On this particular day at Lonestar, I was craving carbs and decided to indulge myself with a baked sweet potato.  I requested them to put the butter on the side, which I ended up giving to my coworker.  I sweetened the potato by sprinkling it with a packet of Splenda.  Who said desserts can't come in tuber form?                 

No comments:

Post a Comment