Sunday, February 5, 2012

Vegan Kung Pao Chicken

For the past 5 months, I've been packing lunch for my boyfriend and I on a regular basis instead of eating out at restaurants during lunch breaks.  Doing this has helped us save money and at the same time, gave us peace of mind that what we're actually eating is vegetarian.  One issue that I did encounter with packing lunch is finding the time to cook.  Cooking in the morning is definitely out of the question because I'm, unfortunately, not an early bird.  My body is stubborn and refuses to wake up earlier than 7am.  One of my New Year's resolutions was to train my body to wake up at 6am but so far, I've made zero progress.  But I digress, and what I actually wanted to point out was that I found vegan food that tastes good and is so easy to prepare.  I've blogged about Vegetarian Plus' products, which I've always been able to find at Simply Food, in previous posts, and this is another one that I have to give a thumbs up to.  This is Vegetarian Plus Vegan Kung Pao Chicken and it's a pretty saucy and spicy dish.  I really like the heat from this dish, but I think the next time I cook it, I have to add some bell peppers and water chestnuts just to make it more authentic.  However, if you're pressed for time like I normally am, just opening the box and warming it up on the stove without additional ingredients will suffice.     

No comments:

Post a Comment