Monday, November 21, 2011

I Say "Nay" to Coconut Milk-Based Ice Cream

Living on Guam means you've come to expect hot and humid weather daily, but I think Sunday is the hottest day of the week.  It's normally so hot, I swear you can fry a vegan egg on the pavement.  Thus, this is the day my hunger for ice cream really spikes up.  I decided to stroll around Micronesia Mall Pay-Less Supermarket to find a vegan ice cream I haven't tried yet.
I wanted to try Purely Decadent's Coconut Milk-Based Cookie Dough ice cream because I wanted to see if lightening can strike twice in the same spot, since the first ice cream I tried from this brand tasted pretty delicious.  Unfortunately, it didn't happen.  Although the ice cream texture was more creamy with this particular flavor, I didn't like how you can really taste the coconut milk.  I guess I was expecting more of a mild vanilla flavor ice cream with the cookie dough and chocolate chips taking the spotlight, but it turned out the other way around with the coconut milk taking the wheel.  If you're fond of the taste of coconut milk, then this ice cream would be perfect for you.  In my case, let's just say I'm glad I have a boyfriend whose love for ice cream goes beyond normal levels and is willing to eat any type of ice cream.            
 

No comments:

Post a Comment