Saturday, December 17, 2011

Can't Get Enough of Burgers

I grew up wishing everyday I could go McDonalds after-school and order my favorite, a plain double-cheeseburger.  So, it's no surprise that even though I'm older now and (hopefully) wiser about my health, I still want to eat burgers.  Thank goodness there are so many varieties of veggie burgers available for my taste-buds!
This time, I tried out Gardenburger's "The Original" Veggie Burgers, which I bought at Micronesia Mall Pay-Less Supermarket.  What I did was add 1 teaspoon of olive oil on a pan and sautéed each side of the burger patty for a couple minutes on medium heat.  I'm not an onion hater, so I also sautéed a slice of onion to add to my burger.  I cooked the onion slice much longer than a couple minutes so its sweet flavor could come out.  I completed the burger masterpiece with Vegenaise (vegan mayonnaise), ketchup, and mustard.  I didn't have any wheat burger buns on me so I just slapped everything between 2 slices of regular wheat bread.  What I ate was a messy, sauce-dripping, delicious burger.  I'm sorry I don't have a picture of it to upload, but this just means I get to make another burger, which, I think, isn't a bad idea at all.        
 

No comments:

Post a Comment