Monday, January 30, 2012

International Vegetarian Food Fair


Yesterday, my boyfriend and I made the drive down south to check out the International Vegetarian Food Fair, which was being held at the Guam Adventist Academy.  It was our first time going to this fair, but it turns this was the fair's 5th run.  I'm really glad we decided to go because there was so much good food.  There were booths showcasing Chamorro, Filipino, Japanese, Korean, American, French, Mexican, and Israeli dishes.  We arrived around 1pm and so unfortunately, we weren't able to try all the dishes, but the food we did get a chance to try was pretty good and filling I might add.  It's funny to say but we actually started out with sampling some delicious baklava dessert.  Then we made our rounds and tried chik'n adobo, cooked spinach, chalakilis, flour tortillas, stir fry noodles with vegetables, papaya salad, spanakopita and a fruit smoothie.  The turnout was pretty good I think and the fair itself was organized.  Food was fairly priced and some of the portions were pretty huge!  I actually scored the stir fry noodles with vegetables and papaya salad for just $2 so the fair didn't hurt our wallet at all but probably stretched our stomachs a bit.  I hope this fair is held again in the future, and once I know I'll definitely post the dates.  Here are the pics I took from the fair:

No comments:

Post a Comment