Monday, January 30, 2012

Mmmm...Firecracker Sauce

Last night I ate dinner at Table 35 for my nephew's 17th birthday and decided to order their vegetable wraps from their new menu. Before I go into how delicious those wraps were, I just want to mention how time is flying by before my very eyes. I swear it was just yesterday that my nephew was in elementary running around like a little tazmanian devil! Time is so sneaky like that.

I ordered the vegetable wraps because I wanted something light since earlier during the day, I had stuffed myself with not so few dinner rolls, olive dip, and enchiladas. I also liked the fact that it came with 3 sauces because a girl needs options you know?

When I was served the vegetable wraps, I knew I wouldn't want to share this with anyone. There was an awesome medley of vegetables in the bowl which I'm going to attempt to list - bok choy, celery, carrots, shitake mushrooms, spinach, and nuts all cooked together with some sort of soy based sauce. As if that wasn't enough to win me over, each of the three sauces the dish came with complimented the vegetables. The three sauces were sweet chili sauce, peanut sauce, and something they call "firecracker" sauce. The firecracker sauce (bottom sauce in the picture) was, I think, the best one out of the trio. I couldn't tell what was in it except it was tangy and spicy but not over-powerly hot. I think I just found my favorite dish at Table 35.

In my haste to post this, I forgot to mention where Table 35 was! It's on 665 South Marine Drive right next to First Hawaiian Bank in Tamuning.    

No comments:

Post a Comment