Friday, November 18, 2011

Sometimes Missing the Turn is a Good Thing

While on the road at night, my boyfriend and I had agreed to eat dinner before heading to Kmart.  I, however, was craving a veggie pizza while my boyfriend was singing more to the tune of Subway.  Since I was more inclined to eat an affordable dinner, I agreed to go with his suggestion.  
We must have been having a very deep discussion (probably about food) while driving because he completely missed the turn to go to Subway.  I then suggested we go to Kmart and take our chances with Little Caesars because they might have veggie pizzas available.  Although he agreed, I think we were both thinking how unlikely that would be.  
So, imagine our surprise when we saw this delicious looking warm sub sandwich comprising of olives, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, tomato sauce and (as if that wasn't already tasty enough) covered in cheese?  It was the perfect combination of our cravings!  I highly recommend ordering a side of tomato sauce to dip the sandwich in.  It just makes the sandwich even warmer and saucier.
Although this sandwich was vegetarian, I'm pretty sure it wasn't healthy because of all the cheese and bread.  I do think it's a great thing to eat if a junk-food-for-dinner craving hits and if it's eaten only once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment