Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sweets on a Sunday Afternoon

I spent my Sunday afternoon the same way most Filipinos were: by watching the boxing fight between Juan Manuel Marquez and Manny Pacquiao.  I knew that the fight was going to be the last one shown, and so I spent my time waiting by eating some gelato.
This time, I chose Organic Nectars Cashewtopia Gelato, which I bought at Simply Food, and decided to try it because its packaging was plainer than the first vegan ice cream I tried.  I feel it's only fair to try foods that aren't in pretty packages because it just might be holding the best tasting food.  You'll never know unless you try.
In this particular case, I did discover one of the best vanilla gelatos I've ever tasted.  I can't believe it was that good!  It even has the same creamy texture as non-vegan ice cream, so I think this one beats the first vegan ice cream I tried.This gelato is organic, vegan, low-glycemic, and non dairy kosher.  I love how it meets eating restrictions from around the world.
To wash the ice cream down, I drank a juice that's literally called Green Juice by Reboot Your Life.  It was refreshing and tasted great thanks to the pairing of apples and ginger for sweetness.  With this particular juice, I used collard greens for the first time and learned that it didn't degrade the flavor of the juice at all.  I plan on rotating it with kale and swiss chard whenever I can.    

Green Juice
Serves 2 (each serving is 16 oz.)
1 bunch collard greens
1 cucumber
8 stalks celery
4 apples
2" ginger root
          

2 comments:

  1. On my own point of view, I think that your sweets on a Sunday Afternoon looks very healthy. I think that its great to have organic and healthy sweets. I think that I should also try some of those great sweets some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should Lisa! Eating healthy doesn't have to mean starving your sweet tooth!

      Delete