Friday, November 18, 2011

Vegan Fajitas

Before my attempt to be a vegan, I loved going to Margaritas and ordering the cheesiest appetizer and the cheesiest main course I could find.  Normally, there would be nothing left for a to-go box.  Now that I'm trying to cut dairy, I can still make my trips to Margaritas and still enjoy a really good meal thanks to the vegetarian and vegan items on their menu.
When I went there for lunch a couple of days ago, I wanted to try their vegan fajitas.  Instead of meat, you'll get sautéed  broccoli, red onions, and bell peppers with 4 freshly grilled flour tortillas.  The sautéed vegetables alone were so flavorful and thoroughly cooked.  I appreciated them cooking the red onions long enough to remove its raw taste.    
On top of the cooked vegetables, the dish comes with lettuce, guacamole, salsa, black olives, and jalapeños.  I also ordered a side of beans which I placed in my fajitas, along with everything else I mentioned here.  Needless to say, my fajitas were fat and stuffed, but they were so worth it.  I don't think it's necessary to order the side of beans in order for the dish to taste good, but I was hungrier than usual that day.  I'm definitely going to be ordering this dish again.    

No comments:

Post a Comment