Monday, December 26, 2011

Vegan Black Pepper Steaks

This month was the month of already made meals because most of my time was spent Christmas shopping, baking, and wrapping gifts.  Luckily for me, I was able to find some easy to prep meals over at Simply Food.  One of them was Vegetarian Plus' Vegan Black Pepper Steaks.  Cooking it was super easy since the instructions were on the back of the box.  I just heated the food in a pan on low heat with 2 teaspoons of olive oil.  I really liked how it was just enough for 2 people so that no food was wasted.
The pepper steaks were full of flavor and tasted fantastic.  I could really taste the black pepper on the saucy steaks.  When I used to eat steak, I would have to eat it with a side of soy sauce or finadene, but when I ate these pepper steaks, I didn't need any sauce on the side because the dish itself was saucy enough.  Although the texture isn't the same as real steak, it could still pass as beef.  It was perfect to eat with a bowl of hot rice.  In fact, I think I spent more time prepping the food than actually eating it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment